The Jacksonville Branch of AAUW was organized in February 1926. Presently we have 36 members who enthusiastically support the Mission of AAUW: to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research. For more information, see the national AAUW webpage and the Florida AAUW webpage.
|What we do in Jacksonville:
- Help plan and sponsor Expanding Your Horizons, a one-day STEM camp for middle school girls.
- Plan and execute Equal Pay Day observances to call attention to pay inequity affecting women. This date symbolizes how far into the year women must work to earn what men earned in the previous year. Equal Pay Day 2019, Tuesday, April 2, was marked by an Unhappy Hour at Moxie’s Kitchen and Cocktails.
- Co-sponsor research on the economic security of older women in Florida.
- Co-sponsor Rosie the Riveter awards to groundbreaking women.
- Hold monthly meetings with speakers, usually on the third Saturday.
- Support the national and state organizations including attendance at spring conventions.
For more information contact our Membership Director: